Welcome to GetaKit
GetaKit is a University of Ottawa study to evaluate an online assessment and mail-out system for sexual health services, including testing and prevention.
Available services can include HIV self-tests and lab-based testing for HIV, syphilis, gonorrhea, and chlamydia.
We want to know how many people use these tests, their test results, and if people are linked to care. GetaKit provides HIV self-tests (Canada-wide) and requisitions and swabs for sexually transmitted infections (Ontario). Register, complete the risk assessment, and see what tests, supports, and services are recommended for you.Read our plain text consent form
Are you eligible?
You may be eligible for HIV self-testing if you are:
- 16 years or older
- HIV negative, or unsure of your status
- Not enrolled in an HIV vaccine trial
- Not diagnosed with a bleeding disorder
- Sexually active or use injection drugs
You may be eligible for STI testing if you:
- Are 18 years or older
- Live in Ontario
- Have health insurance
- Are willing to go to a lab for testing
- Sexually active
How does it work?
Order your tests and reqs
Do it at home (self-test) or go to the lab
Get your results
When you use GetaKit
- You can access sexual health services from the comfort of your home.
- You receive your results in your account in a few days.
- You receive reminders when it’s time to re-test
Need more resources?
If you have symptoms of HIV, or if one of your partners has been recently diagnosed with HIV, or if you think you need PEP, GetaKit may not be the right service for you.