Now you can order a free HIV self-test!
Action positive VIH/sida (APVS) is piloting GetaKit, an HIV self-testing program. GetaKit by APVS is designed to make HIV self-testing available at no cost to Francophone residents of Toronto and Hamilton, Ontario. GetaKit first launched in Ottawa July 20, 2020 to study the feasibility of a mail-out HIV self-testing program, and is led by the University of Ottawa and funded by the Ontario HIV Treatment Network (OHTN).
Are you eligible?
You may be eligible for HIV self-testing if you are:
- Any gender (cisgender, transgender, non-binary)
- Any sexual orientation (2-spirited, gay, bisexual, lesbian, queer, heterosexual, etc.)
- Any citizenship status, including international student, temporary worker or non-status
- 16 years of age or older
- HIV-negative or don’t know your status
- Not enrolled in an HIV vaccine trial
- Not diagnosed with a bleeding disorder