Now you can order a free HIV self-test!
AIDS Committee of Toronto (ACT) is piloting GetaKit, an HIV self-test delivery program. GetaKit by ACT is designed to make HIV self-testing available for anyone living in Toronto.
GetaKit first launched in Ottawa July 20, 2020 to study the feasibility of a mail-out HIV self-testing program, and is co-led by the University of Ottawa and the Ontario HIV Treatment Network (OHTN), with support from Ottawa Public Health, MAX Ottawa, AIDS Committee of Ottawa.
Are you eligible?
You may be eligible for HIV self-testing if you are:
- Any gender (cisgender, transgender, or non-binary)
- Any sexual orientation (lesbian, gay, bisexual, queer, heterosexual, etc.)
- Any citizenship status including international student, temporary worker, or non-status
- 16 years or older
- HIV-negative or don’t know your status
- Not enrolled in an HIV vaccine trial
- Not diagnosed with a bleeding disorder